When it comes time to design your interior, it can be easy to feel discouraged and overwhelmed. Despite the best of intentions, sometimes designing your home the way you envision gets pushed to the bottom of the list.
Transform your home with Curate’s convenient online Interior Design Service
Envision. Take your space from conception to completion with my support.
• You know you want to live in a space that is beautiful, elegant, stylish, and organized but you don’t know where to start.
• Your home feels incomplete or no longer fits your life and taste.
• You are fed up with shopping for what you think your home needs instead of knowing what’s really going to work for your life.
• You are ready to invest in your home but have no idea how to allocate your design budget.
• Your mind (and your Pinterest board) are filled with ideas that excite you, but you don’t know how to make them work in your home.
• You don’t have the time needed to design your home let alone choose furniture, colours, and decor items.
• A detailed online questionnaire to gather your ideas and provide insights into who you are and the vision you hold for your home.
• A 60-minute Zoom call to review the questionnaire and gather more information about your home, your life, and what you want the space to both feel like and reflect.
• A step-by-step guide to measuring your space so you can feel confident and know how to measure just like the pros.
• Up to 3 X 60-minute meetings over Zoom to review the design, address questions and receive expert advice.
• A detailed mood board including ideas for furnishings, colour palettes, design elements, and artwork.
• A presentation of images to share the visual direction and inspiration for your space.
• A presentation of photographic, realistic 3D renderings to help you visualize the way your home will look.
• Customized floor plan with a minimum of 2 layout options.
• A personalized clickable shopping list that suits your budget with a minimum of 2 options of primary design elements such as furniture, artwork, decor, carpets, and tables.
• Access to select designer discounts (where applicable) to maximize your budget.
• E-mail support throughout the project for support with decision-making, measuring, and inspiration.
• Email support for 1 month following the final presentation to help with styling and final decisions such as artwork placement.
The Curate Method is specifically designed to walk you through a detailed step-by-step process to ensure your space truly reflects who you are.
Stunning mood boards and 3D visuals as we bring your vision to life. See the story unfold before you and rest assured no questions will go unanswered.
Let’s uncover the story you want your home to tell.
Undeniable attention to detail as we seek pieces that will reflect your personality and tell the story of who you are.
When we first meet, I’ll guide you through the process of capturing detailed photos, video and measurements. These are powerful tools that give me a very good sense of what the space looks and feels like.
From there I build a 3D model which essentially puts me right in the space as though I am right there in your home. Over the course of our work together, you might be surprised with the connection that we create and how well I come to truly understand what it is you need and want to accomplish. Design isn’t just about making a space beautiful and functional, it’s about understanding how that space is going to reflect who you are and what you want.
Online Interior Design is an innovative approach to curating your home that refuses to be limited to location. It opens the world for you to work with a designer like me who brings an array of inspiration ensuring you are involved in the process no matter where you live. Learn more about my online design process or book a complimentary call.
All projects include 3D renderings. If, however, your project requires light renovations or some kind of construction drawing, I can provide conceptual construction drawings. These are drawings with measurements that explain the design. They are not technical construction or architectural drawings due to the nature of my process. If your project requires that level of detail, you would be responsible for sourcing a firm that is able to come to your home and assess construction needs. This can often be done by a qualified contractor and/or architectural firm depending on the scope of the desired changes.
Every project is unique. Most projects take a minimum of 4 weeks to complete from our first design call to the final presentation and shopping list. Projects with more complex designs such as changes to flooring, wallpaper, or other elements can take longer. The timing of your project will be discussed and reviewed in our first call so you can estimate and plan. Please note that project length also depends on client response time. The final stage of your design will also depend on the supply chain, which impacts the availability of furniture and lead times for ordering. I cannot guarantee delivery. If a specific timeline is a key factor in our plan, I will do my best to suggest options to address your concerns.
So many stores carry exciting and interesting products for your home, which means the piece that is right for you is out there waiting. When working with Canadian-based projects, I prefer to work with CF Interiors. They provide excellent customer service, have a wide range of vendors, and pride themselves on stocking quality products. If you have a store that you love, please let me know.
You’ll receive 2 revisions for each piece of furniture or decor item should the initial choices not suit your needs or taste, ie. 2 additional options for a sofa will be provided if the initial 2 options aren’t to your liking, or you just want to see something else. Revisions above and beyond those included will be billed at an hourly rate of $95 USD/hour.
A 50% deposit of the total estimated project cost is required prior to starting the project. If for any reason you no longer wish to continue working together, I will assess how much work has been completed and notify you if any fees beyond the deposit are required. Deposits are non-refundable.
Your budget depends entirely on the space you are designing, and how much you want to invest into your home. If you aren’t entirely sure if your budget is sufficient for the project you have in mind, book a 30-minute complimentary consultation.
"I was so happy to have found Curate for help with decorating my new home. I knew the styles that spoke to me but found it overwhelming trying to choose the individual pieces that would stay with me for years to come. I wanted a home that felt thoughtful and comfortable, I wanted a variety of new and old and I wanted a clean and bright but relaxing palette. Along came Ryley with her infinite design knowledge and eye for detail. She listened and delivered more than I had ever expected. I can’t wait to work with Ryley again and wouldn’t hesitate to recommend her services to anyone."